Department of Anatomy
About The Department
- The department of anatomy has required infrastructure as per MCI norms:- well equipped practical dissection hall with three cold storage tank for bodies and embalming room, well furnished and equipped laboratories (Gross anatomy and Radiological anatomy lab., Histochemistry lab., Developmental Anatomy lab., Anthropometry lab. etc as per MCI norms). The departmental library is having latest 127 text books and journals, seminar room are well equipped and well furnished with latest teaching aids.
- The museum of anatomy department attracts attention of everyone as it displays original labeled photographs of the specimens and bones. It is equipped with microscope and histology slides of the specimens for self study. The comparative labeled photographs of CT, MRI and cross-sectional anatomy of the whole body is displayed. The department of anatomy has highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty as per MCI norms.
- The anatomy department is effectively implementing teaching/training programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate courses as per MCI norms.
- The department is using modern teaching technologies/resources, special emphasis is being given to interactive teaching/lectures.
- The evidence based teaching and research strategies are being practiced by the department specially self learning habits in students via discussions, seminars, Journal Club and small group activities. Seminars are being conducted within the department and also in collaboration with clinical departments on regular basis.
- Postgraduate and doctoral students of the department are engaged in research in core as well as emerging areas of anatomy, which is being published regularly in reputed journals. The UG and PG students are trained in all disciplines and subdivisions of anatomy i.e. gross and applied anatomy, neuroanatomy, embryology, histology and genetics.
- The Department of Anatomy is doing periodic assessment of all UG students and a log book is being maintained by the PG students for entering day to day performance. This log book is being signed/counter signed by various faculty members of department regularly.
- The standard and conduct of university examinations (summative assessment) is done strictly as per MCI guidelines.
- The department of anatomy is maintaining the highest traditions in discipline/evidence based teaching and training/research driven education/ academic activities.
- The department is also encouraging interaction with the allied departments by rendering services in advanced laboratory investigations and relevant expert opinions.
Head of The Department
Dr. Upendra Kumar Gupta
(Department of Anatomy)
(Professor & Head)
M.B.B.S.(SMS Medical College,
M.D.(SMS Medical College,