Department of Forensic Medicine
The ‘Forensic Medicine department’ has teaching faculties, PG students & other clerks, peons, sweepers to run smoothly the department. A government doctor is on deputation for post-mortem & all other medico-legal works.
- There are sufficient numbers of lecture theatres, seminar rooms, demonstration rooms accompanied by overhead projects, LCD, slide projector for teaching purpose.
- We are having a mortuary in campus with facilities like cooling chambers, waiting rooms, preservation rooms, and reporting doctor’s room. The post-mortem and other injury reports along with other medico-legal cases are shown to UG & PG for academic purpose. The student’s participation in post mortem is also there.
- The separate research laboratories are there for UG & PG for their respective needs & according to syllabus.
- The syllabus of UG & PG is completed by lectures, seminars, demonstrations, tutorials, workshops & group discussions.
- The integrated teaching for UG & PG is also done in collaboration with allied departments as Pathology, Radiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology & Pharmacology.
- The research work is carried out by PG on topics of clinical use & medico legal applied aspect with utmost standard. The research work is published in National & International Journals each year.
- MUSEUM – There are sufficient number of poisons, weapons, charts, models, wet specimens & bones as per MCI requirements along with catalogues.
- LIBRARY – There are 103 reference books of forensic medicines & other subjects for use of UG & PG & staffs respectively.
- SEMINARS – The seminars are held periodically for UG & PG students in the department & in collaboration with other departments.
- MEDICO-LEGAL REPORTS – The all types of medico legal reports & their records are maintained properly in the department.
- ASSESSMENT – The periodic theory & practical examination after each semester are conducted for UG & PG respectively.