Department of General Medicine
The goal of the department of medicine is to produce competent physician, who recognizes the health needs of adults and carry out professional obligation in keeping with principles of the National Health Policy and professional ethics.
- The aim of the department is to develop skilled and self directed medical personnel, recognize continuing educational needs and use appropriate learning resources in order to practice evidence based medicines.
- The department identifies social, economical, environmental, biological and emotional aspects of medicine to know the therapeutic, preventive and promotional measures to provide holistic care to the patients.
- Case details, morbidity and mortality data are well documented and medical emergencies are efficiently managed by the department.
- To develop Communication skills of high order in explaining management and prognosis providing counseling and giving health education message to the patient, families and communities are used by faculty members and residents.
- Generic medicines are prescribed by the physicians as per hospital policy.
- The department runs specialty clinics in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, hematology, endocrinology, allergy, asthama and geriatric specialties.
- The department also runs daily Antiracism clinic.
- Acquisition of practical competencies is the keystone of post graduate medical education, besides this bed side teaching, seminars, journal club and case discussion are carried out for undergraduate and post graduate and assessed by faculty member.
- Department of medicine also organizes rural camps on regular basis.
- A log book is being maintained by the PG students day to day and the same is counter signed by the faculty members.