Department of Microbiology
About The Department
The main aim of department of microbiology is to train students of medicine in the field medical microbiology. The training is imparted to the candidates in the subspecialties viz bacteriology, virology, mycology, immunology, serology and parasitology, so that they can participate in good patient care and prevention of infectious diseases in the community. Latest clinical microbiological services have been established in the hospital round the clock in central diagnostic division including molecular biology lab.
Service Laboratories: There are separate service laboratories bacteriology including anaerobic, serology, virology, parasitology, mycology, tuberculosis’ and immunology as per MCI norms controlled by head of the department of microbiology and immunology.
The Goal of the postgraduate medical education is to produce competent specialist and medical teacher:
- Who shall recognize the health needs of the community and carry out professional obligations ethically in keeping with the objectives of the national health policy.
- Who shall master most of the competencies, pertaining to Microbiology that are required to be practiced at the secondary and the tertiary levels of the health care delivery system.
- Who shall be aware of the contemporary advances and developments in Microbiology.
- Who shall have acquired the spirit of scientific inquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology.
- Training in research methodology is being impacted by planning of a research projects by the student under the guidance of a recognized guide to be executed and submitted in the form of dissertation. The department encourages interaction with the allied departments by rendering services in advanced laboratory investigation and relevant expert opinion. Students are encouraged to participate in various workshops / seminars/ journal clubs/ demonstrations in allied departments to acquire various skills for collaborative research. Specific objective of the department is to uphold prestige of the discipline amongst the fraternity of doctors.
- Department of Microbiology has been accredited with NABL With a Certificate Number of MC-4022 (Valid Until : 17/12/2022) for ADVANCE MOLECULAR LABORATORY NIMS HOSPITAL and assessed and accredited in accordance with the standard ISO 15189:2012 ”Medical laboratories – Requirements for quality and competence” for its facilities at NIMS UNIVERSITY NH 11 C JAIPUR DELHI HIGHWAY, JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN, INDIA in the field of Medical Testing .