Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Since the establishment, the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology provides comprehensive clinical services with an updated academic curriculum and advanced level of research. The Department provides complete obstetrical care, comprehensive family welfare, infertility management, prenatal diagnosis, cancer treatment, endoscopic surgery, menopause management, pelvic floor medicine and reconstructive surgery.
- We have a team of highly qualified gynecologists with many years of quality experience to their credit who consistently deliver high-quality medical care to the patients.
- Fully equipped Labour ward complex with separate – Clean and Septic Labour Rooms having 24X7 on-floor obstetrician, neonatologist and anesthetist for management of high-risk pregnancy and labor.
- NIMS Fertility Centre is well-equipped with latest technologies and a dedicated team to provide a world-class management infertility treatment.
- Community services are provided including maternal components of National Health Programmes namely, Reproductive and Child Health, Family Welfare, Reproductive Tract Infection(STD & AIDS prevention, diagnosis and treatment) throughout the year.
The department conducts intensive teaching programmes for undergraduates and the postgraduates in the forms of theory classes and clinical posting as per MCI norms .Teaching also includes weekly seminars,case presentations,journal clubs and group discussions. There are frequent interdepartmental meetings,clinic-pathological meetings,symposiums, maternal and perinatal mortality meet along with integrated teaching using modern teaching and research technology.
- Active participation in conducting and organizing various conferences and CME has been a constant contribution from all faculty members and postgraduate students.
Various Specialty Clinics are conducted under the Department:
- Antenatal Clinic
- Postnatal Clinic
- Genecology Clinic
- Infertility Clinic
- Family Planning Clinic
- Adolescent Clinic
- High-risk Pregnancy Clinic
- Endocrinology and Hirsutism
- Breast Clinic
- Menopausal Clinic
- Oncology Clinic