Department of Pediatrics
- To provide preventive, routine & emergency patient care services to children To produce post-graduate students of excellence in the field of Pediatrics.
- To provide excellence in advanced Level III neonatal intensive care, with support from the Department of Obstetrics & Genecology. To foster a healthy academic environment among faculty members for research, innovation and recent advances.
The Department of Pediatrics has required infrastructure as per MCI norms :
- 90 bedded well equipped and furnished general wards, well equipped and furnished 6 bedded PICU, 6 bedded NICU equipped and furnished with advanced equipment providing tertiary care.
- Well equipped OPD to render routine OPD services/Specialty clinic/ Immunization services etc. All the facilities are as per MCI norms.
- The seminar rooms and demonstration rooms are equipped with the latest teaching aids i.e overhead projector, LCD with computer.
- The Department Library has the latest 156 textbooks and journals to update the faculty and postgraduate residents alike.
Facilities/Services Provided by the Department
- Routine OPD services: Providing services to children in the age group of 0-18 years on a daily basis. It is efficiently managed by senior faculty members and residents.
- 24×7 Emergency Services: Manned by a team of faculty members, senior and junior residents.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU):A state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit equipped with the latest and adequate life-saving devices for providing mechanical ventilation, clinical monitoring and high-level medical care managed by highly skilled technical and nursing staff as per MCI norms.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): Intensive neonatal care unit has both Aseptic NICU & Septic NICU. It is equipped with the latest gadgets for mechanical ventilation, monitoring and high level medical care. Exchange transfusion and photo therapy and other services are available as per MCI norms.
- Pediatric Wards: All standard therapeutic and diagnostic procedures are being carried out, so as to provide comprehensive medical care to admitted pediatric patients.
Specialty Clinics: The department is running various specialty clinics catering to the health needs of the population like Diarrhoea & Pediatric Gastroenterology Clinic, Child Welfare clinic, Child Rehabilitation clinic, Thalassemia & Pediatric Hematology Clinic, Asthma Clinic, Well Baby & Community Pediatrics Clinic, Immunization & Preventive Pediatrics Clinic, Pediatric Cardiology clinic, Pediatric Nephrology Clinic, Adolescent Clinic and Pediatric Neurology Clinic. Each faculty member is pursuing a subspecialty interest besides doing General Pediatrics. To achieve this end, they all attend CMEs and training sessions on a regular basis.