Department of Physiology
About The Department
- The department of physiology is effectively teaching/training under graduates/post graduate medical students the basic physiological mechanism of human body, with reference to their implications in the pathogenesis (Patho physiology) and their management.
- The infrastructure of the department of physiology is as per MCI norms as well furnished and equipped practical laboratories i.e. mammalian lab. /Hematology lab. and clinical physiology lab. etc. Demonstration rooms are equipped with latest teaching aids i.e. overhead projector, LCD with computers, slide projectors. The department library is having latest 120 text books and journals, seminar room are well equipped and well furnished.
- Advanced departmental resources: In addition to the infrastructure mentioned above a well-equipped central research laboratory, clinical neurophysiology and cardio respiratory laboratories for post graduates have been established in the medical college.
- The department of physiology has highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty as per MCI norms. The department is effectively implementing teaching/training programmes for undergraduate and post graduate courses as per MCI norms.
- The department is using modern teaching technologies/resources, special emphasis is being given to interactive teaching/lectures.
- The evidence-based teaching and research strategies are being adopted by the department specially self-learning habits in students via discussions, seminars, Journal Club and small group activities. Seminars are being conducted within the department and also in collaboration with clinical departments on regular basis.
- The department of physiology is effectively involved in research & scientific activities to orient and update UG and PG students.
- The department of physiology is doing periodic assessment of all UG students and a log book is being maintained by the PG students for entering day to day performance. This log book is being signed/counter signed by various faculty members of department regularly.
- The standard and conduct of examinations (summative assessment) is being done as per MCI guidelines on strict basis.
The goal and objectives of MD course in physiology is to produce a competent physiologist who:
- Is able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of physiology as well as that of applied disciplines.
- Is able to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the current developments in medical sciences as related to physiology.
- Has acquired skills in effective teaching and communicating with medical and paramedical students.
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology, effectively use the statistical methods and write a scientific paper on the lines accepted by standard scientific journals.
- Develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuing educational needs; use appropriate learning resources and critically analyze relevant published literature.